Monday, October 20, 2008

True friendship: Does it exist???

I was away from school for quiet a long time now. Alone in my bedroom, I asked myself "Is there such thing as true friends or true friendship??". A question I was not able to answer. The following days passed and memories of the past kept on hunting me. I decided to quench my thirst. I checked the internet and i found out things which i never thought existed.
I have learned that friendship involves recognition or familiarity with another's personality. Friends often share likes and dislikes, interests, pursuits, and passion.How can individual recognize potential friendship? Signs include a mutual desire for companionship and perhaps a common bond of some kind. Beyond that, genuine friendship involves a shared sense of caring and concern, a desire to see one another grow and develop, and a hope for each other to succeed in all aspects of life. True friendship involves action: doing something for someone else while expecting nothing in return; sharing thoughts and feelings without fear of judgment or negative criticism.
Some of these information, made me realize that true friends really exist. I cant avoid thinking who among my friends are true to me and who are fakes or the so called toxic friends. I may sound to be a hypocrite judging them but in this playful, phony and temporary world, its wiser knowing whom you can trust and count on to. Let us not be blinded by the saying that we should not choose our friends. Instead, we must remember that "WE MUST CAREFULLY CHOOSE OUR FRIENDS."

No comments: