Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happiness

I am 18 yrs. old and I am not bothered of things which i thought has nothing to do with my life. I am confronted by a deep silence of my empty heart. It forced me to think and listen to a desire i never before heard.
It was sunday night, my family planned to eat in one famous restaurant. I looked for a table where we can all seat comfortably. As I glanced around, I saw a father and his 3 yrs. old daughter. It happened to be the little girl's birthday. He gave her daughter a box and it contained a beautiful silver necklace. It seemed to be an expensive one. I could really see how glad and happy the little girl was. Her eyes were sparkling and her smile stretched upto her ears, showing her white clean teeth.
I was trucked by what I saw. It was the reason that i wasn't able to sleep the whole night. One question that came to my mind was "Do people gain happiness with just material things?" In that situation, It is not only the necklace that made the little girl happy. It was not also the price of the gift that matters. It was the fact that her father remembered her birthday. The necklace symbolized the love of the father to his daughter.
Happiness is a word having different meaning and people have various interpretation of it but for me, though it can be manifested through bunch of smile and laughters, It is more than what you want and what you need.

No comments: